You are here
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Roy's work focuses on applying emerging neuromorphic computer hardware technologies to machine learning applications. By modeling computer architecture after the basic structure of synapses and neurons, hardware can be manufactured to be better adapted to pattern recognition algorithms. She also focuses on high-energy electronics made with gallium nitride, a semiconductor that is poised to replace silicon in certain areas of computer hardware. Because of its physical characteristics, the material is well suited for high-energy and high-radiation applications, such as those found outside of Earth’s atmosphere.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Vanderbilt University, 2008
Neuromorphic computing • high-energy electronics
- ECE 526: Semiconductor Devices for Integrated Circuits
In the News
- Tania Roy: Building High-Energy Space Electronics and Brain-Like AI Hardware (Nov 20, 2022 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Tania Roy: Building High-Energy Space Electronics and Brain-Like AI Hardware (Jun 21, 2022 | Duke Engineering News)
- Yoo, C; Ko, TJ; Kaium, MG; Martinez, R; Islam, MM; Li, H; Kim, JH; Cao, J; Acharya, M; Roy, T; Jung, Y, A minireview on 2D materials-enabled optoelectronic artificial synaptic devices, Apl Materials, vol 10 no. 7 (2022) [10.1063/5.0096053] [abs].
- Islam, MM; Krishnaprasad, A; Dev, D; Martinez-Martinez, R; Okonkwo, V; Wu, B; Han, SS; Bae, T-S; Chung, H-S; Touma, J; Jung, Y; Roy, T, Multiwavelength Optoelectronic Synapse with 2D Materials for Mixed-Color Pattern Recognition., Acs Nano, vol 16 no. 7 (2022), pp. 10188-10198 [10.1021/acsnano.2c01035] [abs].
- Martinez-Martinez, R; Islam, MM; Krishnaprasad, A; Roy, T, Graphene-oxide interface for optoelectronic synapse application., Scientific Reports, vol 12 no. 1 (2022) [10.1038/s41598-022-09873-8] [abs].
- Krishnaprasad, A; Dev, D; Han, SS; Shen, Y; Chung, H-S; Bae, T-S; Yoo, C; Jung, Y; Lanza, M; Roy, T, MoS2 Synapses with Ultra-low Variability and Their Implementation in Boolean Logic., Acs Nano, vol 16 no. 2 (2022), pp. 2866-2876 [10.1021/acsnano.1c09904] [abs].
- Aina, L; Hahn, C; Wallace, C; Islam, MM; Okonkwo, V; Roy, T, The Artificial Intelligent Pixel (aiPixel), Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 12019 (2022) [10.1117/12.2610301] [abs].