You are here
Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Professor (Amir)Hossein Salahshoor came to Duke from Caltech, where he conducted his postdoctoral studies. Prior to that, and pursuant to his undergraduate studies at the University of Tehran, he obtained his Ph.D in Aerospace Engineering from Georgia Tech, along with an MS in Mathematics. His research interests broadly lie at the intersection of mechanics of materials and structures, computational and data science, biology, and applied mathematics, whereby focusing on developing data-driven and computational frameworks to predict, control, and engineer the behavior of complex material systems, he aims to address mechanistic challenges in sustainability and health.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Office Location: Fciemas Bldg, 101 Science Dr, Room 2461, Durham, NC 27710
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2018
Mechanics of biological and bio-inspired systems, brain mechanics, data-driven methods, advanced (meta)materials and (meta)structures, material design, and mathematics of materials and structures.
- Salahshoor, H; Ortiz, M, Model-free Data-Driven viscoelasticity in the frequency domain, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol 403 (2023) [10.1016/j.cma.2022.115657] [abs].
- Salahshoor, H; Yao, Y; Dutka, P; Nyström, NN; Jin, Z; Min, E; Malounda, D; Jensen, GJ; Ortiz, M; Shapiro, MG, Geometric effects in gas vesicle buckling under ultrasound., Biophysical Journal, vol 121 no. 21 (2022), pp. 4221-4228 [10.1016/j.bpj.2022.09.004] [abs].
- Salahshoor, H; Shapiro, MG; Ortiz, M, Transcranial focused ultrasound generates skull-conducted shear waves: Computational model and implications for neuromodulation., Applied Physics Letters, vol 117 no. 3 (2020) [10.1063/5.0011837] [abs].
- Salahshoor, H; Pal, RK; Rimoli, JJ, Material symmetry phase transitions in three-dimensional tensegrity metamaterials, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol 119 (2018), pp. 382-399 [10.1016/j.jmps.2018.07.011] [abs].
- Salahshoor, H; de la Llave, R, A Numerical Investigation of the Pinning Phenomenon in Quasi-Periodic Frenkel Kontrova Model Under an External Force, Journal of Statistical Physics, vol 173 no. 2 (2018), pp. 398-410 [10.1007/s10955-018-2132-8] [abs].