You are here
Christine K. Payne
Yoh Family Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Yoh Family Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Professor in the Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Director of Graduate Studies in the Thomas Lord Department Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Associate Professor of Chemistry
- Office Location: 534 Research Dr. #311, Wilkinson, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 681-2096
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of California - Berkeley, 2003
Molecular mechanisms by which cells interact with materials, specifically nanoparticles and conducting polymers, with applications in nanomedicine and environmental exposure
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ME 391: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 412: Modern Materials
- ME 490: Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
In the News
- Five New Bass Professors Named for Excellence in Teaching and Research (Apr 23, 2020)
- Mathematics-Bioscience Partnership to Explore Cellular Transport (Jun 8, 2018)
- Christine Payne: Investigating Interactions between Cells and Engineered Materials (Sep 21, 2017 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Poulsen, KM; Payne, CK, Concentration and composition of the protein corona as a function of incubation time and serum concentration: an automated approach to the protein corona., Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol 414 no. 24 (2022), pp. 7265-7275 [10.1007/s00216-022-04278-y] [abs].
- Rayens, NT; Cook, KJ; McKinley, SA; Payne, CK, Transport of lysosomes decreases in the perinuclear region: Insights from changepoint analysis., Biophysical Journal, vol 121 no. 7 (2022), pp. 1205-1218 [10.1016/j.bpj.2022.02.032] [abs].
- Han, X; Payne, CK, Effect of Thioflavin T on the Elongation Rate of Bacteria, Bioelectricity, vol 4 no. 1 (2022), pp. 12-17 [10.1089/bioe.2021.0027] [abs].
- Jayaram, DT; Payne, CK, Food-Grade TiO2 Particles Generate Intracellular Superoxide and Alter Epigenetic Modifiers in Human Lung Cells., Chemical Research in Toxicology, vol 33 no. 11 (2020), pp. 2872-2879 [10.1021/acs.chemrestox.0c00331] [abs].
- Griffith, DM; Jayaram, DT; Spencer, DM; Pisetsky, DS; Payne, CK, DNA-nanoparticle interactions: Formation of a DNA corona and its effects on a protein corona., Biointerphases, vol 15 no. 5 (2020) [10.1116/6.0000439] [abs].